Around 80% of the people suffer from lower back pain at some point in their lives and this has become a common thing in our society. People who are strained due to excessive work and play are affected by this low muscular strain. So, Kinesiology taping for lower back pain is one alternative to improve the lower back problem. It is used particularly in postural issues. The nature of low back pain is non-specific and many soft tissues and muscles of the back are strained mainly due to lifestyle issues.
If the pain is more and to prevent serious conditions, it is recommended to seek medical care from a doctor. But, if the pain is not so acute, then Kinesiology taping is very helpful and is also very much helpful for people having postural issues. Before starting the Kinesiology tape, the patient is brought to the correct posture. When the patient is replying back to his poor postural, then this tape acts gently on the skin. Among several taping methods, this is very much effective and standardized, so that people have no need to be afraid to start and experiment this Kinesiology taping.
Standard 2″ tape is good, but a 4″ tape is required for larger people especially. Following are some methods for treating lower back pain using Kinesiology taping.
Method No: 1
• Pain in the lower back area
• The tape has to be applied in the form of two strips on each side of the spine under the pant line and during this time the waist should be in bend position. Stretching should not be done.
• Use the decompression tape and apply it in the lower back area of pain by stretching it up to 50%-75%. Note that there should be no stretching at the ends.
Method No 2
• Pain across the spine of the lower back area
• Two strips of stabilization is run on either side of the spine below the pant line. The waist should be in bend position. Note that there should be no stretch of the tape at all, but if it is there, it should be very little.
• After anchoring the tape, wrinkles should be seen while standing. If the pain is from long time and if it is more, then this method is very much useful.
Method No 3
• Pain around the sacroiliac area
• The decompression tape should be stretched in the middle by stretching it in the middle about 50%-75%. Apply the tape in the area of pain.
• Note that the ends are not stretched.
You can watch the video provided below for better understanding